Author Topic: what sous vide machine is everyone using?  (Read 6866 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: what sous vide machine is everyone using?
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »
Ralph has both.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »
Has anyone tried both the Aonva Prcision and the Aonva One?  I like the idea of the adjustable clamp and the Bluetooth conectivity, but I am concerned about the 800W vs the 1000W.

Thanks!

Ralph has both.

So far I've only done some boiled eggs with the new Anova Precision and they turned out great, I will be using the Precision more now that I got it to see how it compares to the Anova One.  I did a test run with the Precision and ran the water temp up to max (210F) heated with no problem. I haven't done a side by side comparison to see how long it takes each unit to bring the water up to temp, but the Precision does heat the water adequately.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TecCrash

• It's not just the grill smokin...
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 05:22:57 PM »
Has anyone tried both the Aonva Prcision and the Aonva One?  I like the idea of the adjustable clamp and the Bluetooth conectivity, but I am concerned about the 800W vs the 1000W.

Thanks!

Ralph has both.

So far I've only done some boiled eggs with the new Anova Precision and they turned out great, I will be using the Precision more now that I got it to see how it compares to the Anova One.  I did a test run with the Precision and ran the water temp up to max (210F) heated with no problem. I haven't done a side by side comparison to see how long it takes each unit to bring the water up to temp, but the Precision does heat the water adequately.

Thanks Ralph,   I'm excited to see how it does.  I'm planning on the Precision for now, I like the ide of the adjustable clamp.  Does it appear to be pretty sturdy?

Thanks!
Chris

OKJ Longhorn
Cook-Air
SRG
22.5 Weber Kettle
Camp Chef Explorer with Griddle
Generic Gasser - GONE - Got something else to store my stuff in.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
Ralph..I am watching too..I have the Anova Precision..didn't know about the precision one. You need to do a comparison..gonna have to reread my instructions.. Pam   GO BUCKS  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »

Thanks!

Ralph has both.

Thanks Ralph,   I'm excited to see how it does.  I'm planning on the Precision for now, I like the ide of the adjustable clamp.  Does it appear to be pretty sturdy?

Thanks!

Yes the clamp is very sturdy, no problem mounting it to the pot I'm using it in.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 06:27:19 PM »
Ralph..I am watching too..I have the Anova Precision..didn't know about the precision one. You need to do a comparison..gonna have to reread my instructions.. Pam   GO BUCKS  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

The Anova One is their original immersion circulator, they still have it available on their website and through Amazon.
----------------------